2016 was a tense and turbulent year in cyberspace – from the massive IoT botnets and ransomware to targeted cyberespionage attacks, financial theft, ‘hacktivism’ and more. Kaspersky Lab’s Overall Statistics for 2016 provides a detailed numbers of all threats.
- 31.9% of user computers were subjected to at least one Malware-class web attack over the year.
- Kaspersky Lab solutions repelled 758 044 650 attacks launched from online resources located all over the world.
- 261 774 932 unique URLs were recognized as malicious by web antivirus components.
- Kaspersky Lab’s web antivirus detected 69 277 289 unique malicious objects.
- 1 445 434 computers of unique users were targeted by encryptors.
- Kaspersky Lab solutions blocked attempts to launch malware capable of stealing money via online banking on 2 871 965 devices.
All the statistics used in this report were obtained using Kaspersky Security Network (KSN), a distributed antivirus network that works with various anti-malware protection components.